EP5: WHY DID HENRY VIII NEED SIX WIVES?
Was Henry bonkers? Or did a sports injury make him go mad for the rest of his life?
This episode is head-choppingly good! Did Henry need six wives just because he wanted a son? Or was it more because he went a bit bonkers? Did Henry VIII turn into a mad meanie because of what happened to him in the year 1536?
Questions to ask your kids after they've listened:
1. Which queen proved Henry wrong when he had said only men could be good rulers?
2. Why was the ghost of Anne Boleyn always running after the ghost of Henry VIII?
3. Henry was sad after which one of his wives died?
4. Who was Henry married to for the shortest time?
5. Who was Henry married to for the longest time?
6. What happened to two of Henry’s wives at the Tower of London?
7. What happened to Henry in January in 1536?
8. Do you think being in pain all of the time made Henry angry?
9. What’s your favourite joke from this podcast?